Thousands of years shaped this stunning landscape, while hundreds of years of history shaped the farms. Step back in time while you take in the scenic views and green rolling hills—this is Shenandoah.
Our Farm to Fork Fitness Adventures are designed to accommodate all levels of bicyclists, from the beginner, to the avid enthusiast.
The Shenandoah Valley is the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and is typified by constantly rolling hills through beautiful farmland. Some hills can be moderately steep and the longer distance options contain some longer (near 1mi) climbs. Our Adventures are about the food and the farms, not the killer course, so you can hitch a ride to the top of the hill if that’s best for you. And for those who like a challenge in between farms, you can make that happen with the Shenandoah hills.
Here’s a sampling of what to expect:
- Stroll through downtown Strasburg to experience its rich history, Southern charm, and great local food and craft beer
- Enjoy fresh pressed apple cider with homemade cider donuts at Marker-Miller Orchard
- Visit North Mountain Vineyard to see what makes wine making in this region unique
- Browse fresh local tastes of the region to create your own picnic at Woodbine Farm Market
- Stop off for a sample of beer midday and return later for and brews and a bonfire Backroom Brewery
- Learn about this land’s heritage on a tour of Belle Grove Plantation
FARM TO FORK FONDO
Sunday October 24, 2021 - limited to 250 participants
7:30am to 11am: Small waves participants depart every 15min
Ramble Ride (10mi), Piccolo (30mi), Medio (50mi), & Gran (75mi) distance options
From $49.99 to $144.99 per person. First Class upgrade available. What’s included in your Fondo registration
Friday October 22 to Sunday October 24, 2021 - limited to 25 guests
October 22: Afternoon Warm-up Ride & exclusive Farm Dinner
October 23: 30mi Guided Bike Tour with exclusive route & farm experiences
October 24: Farm to Fork Fondo, choose your distance
Saturday October 23, 2021 at 6pm
SELF GUIDED TOUR
Ride any day from May 1 to October 31. Choose from multiple distance options and routes